Book Haul #1


Being my birthday month, I thought what better way to treat myself than by adding more books to my ever-growing collection. Whilst my head said no (my 100+ unread pile isn’t getting any smaller...) my heart said yes.

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

Love, Rosie is an adult contemporary romance novel. I decided to pick this book up before the movie is released later this year.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Every man and his dog seems to be reading this right now. Ready Player One is set in the not too distant future wherein the world’s environment is no longer bearable so most of humanity spends their time in the utopian virtual reality called the OASIS. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book.


Origin and Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout

The Lux series is one of those guilty pleasure reads for me and having just finished Obsidian and Onyx I thought I had better pick these up.

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I just love Penguin Clothbound Classics. For this purchase, I planned ahead and bought myself a Christmas read for December. As for Wuthering Heights, I don’t know much about this classic other than it being a tragic love story.


The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

This YA novel follows a young princess who flees her kingdom on her wedding day. She finds a distant village to settle in, all the while concealing her identity. It is there that she eventually meets two men. One being the prince who she was to marry and the other an assassin sent to kill her. I am told that what sets this book apart is that throughout the book we do not know which perspective is which.

I love this book’s cover, it’s beautiful. I also like the sound of it's premise. This one seems to be getting great reviews on Goodreads. I don’t read a lot of YA so I hope this book lives up to the hype.


Dangerous Days in the Roman Empire by Terry Deary

As a child, I loved the Horrible Histories series by Terry Deary. So naturally I was very excited to find out he was releasing a history series for adults. I love learning about history and am hoping this non-fiction novel will be an entertaining easy read.


S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst

I honestly don’t know anything about this book, which I think is best as I want to go into this experience blind and unspoiled. What drew me to this was that J.J. Abrams name is tied to it, along with mild comparisons to House of Leaves that I saw floating around in relation to this book‘s format. I am dreading having to break the cover’s seal, it’s just so beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts